Monday, 27 August 2012

More Metal Skeletons

Well I hit that "I'm fed up with painting Necron Warriors" wall yet again, so I decided to get on with painting something else:

Immortals!
Yup, I decided to get a move on with my Immortals. On the plus side their guns were glued on before I undercoated them so I got the arms and guns could be painted simultaneously with the rest of the models, which is great apart from the fact their bodies are much harder to paint because of the obstacle they present. I'm also pretty happy with how the barrels of the gauss blasters came out, I accidentally stumbled on a simple way of painting them today which I'll share at a later date.

*Sigh* As much as I love my Necrons, what with trading Immortals with my many, many Warriors, I kinda feel like this:

Word.
But otherwise, you all remember that lonely scarab base I painted as a distraction? Well I decided to start on it's mates. Behold!

40k basing kit. Because Scarab flying stems are SO 3rd edition.
Yeah yeah, the Scarab bases are missing a Scarab each, I will add them when I can find the sprue in my "Necrons to-do box". I actually enjoy putting these together so I may do some more before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment