Thursday, 25 October 2012

I'm Back!

Well that was an eventful break.

I wasn't able to do as much as I would've liked to do hobbywise over the break, I just haven't had the time, but that's not to say I've not done anything, I have a few things to show, for starters I finished my Spyder finally!

Spyder with picture of Gloom Prism, inset.
The model was pretty simple to paint, but ate through my leadbelcher like you wouldn't believe! I decided to give this one Fabricator Claws (to repair my Monolith as it is an absolute bullet magnet) and a Gloom Prism (to protect myself from those pesky psychic attacks). The model is almost entirely green, save from the gold symbols on top of each leg, so it's just about tournament legal, and I gave the Gloom Prism a coat of GW's 'Ardcoat Technical Paint to give it a more crystal feel. This was painted on top of the anti-gloss varnish so as not to completely make the process redundant.

I've also been looking into starting my Royal Court as well!

Harbingers of the Storm and Despair, work in progress.
I had the official Cryptek model GW makes from back when I was doing my conversion work for Nemekh, specifically concerning his Gauntlet of Fire. Fortunately for me, the model comes with a spare arm. The model was converted to represent a Harbinger of the Storm, complete with an Ether Crystal that was carefully cut out from a Spyder Fabricator Claw. The pose and head was changed to make it unique from the other Cryptek models.

The second Cryptek, however, is the first model from the "4 Horsemen" project I briefly mentioned in a previous post. The idea is to model all the Crypteks in the Court except for one (i.e. The Harbinger of the Storms) taking inspiration from a different Horseman of the Apocalypse, in this case, Death. The cloak, scythe type staff and the skulls really give the image of Death himself I think, and I think I've represented a Veil of Darkness and Shroud of Despair pretty well on the model too if I do say so myself.

On top of the Horsemen theme, I will also be basing each Cryptek on one of the 5 elemental spheres each, and I will do this through the bases, colouration and, to some extent, the model themselves. The above two will be based on the elements of air and spirit (in that order) - I plan on the left model to have a mini snow drift on the base and the right model will have an Ulthwe Craftworld helmet on the floor (I believe Ulthwe is the Craftworld that use loads of Wraith Guard/Lords - please let me know if I'm wrong!).

Anyways, that's all for now, I will hopefully be picking myself up a Realm of Battle Board this weekend and a Necron Lord I plan to convert into my Harbinger of Destruction...

No comments:

Post a Comment