Saturday, 6 October 2012

Spyders, Scarabs and Hiatus (Oh my!)

So I have come to a point I feel it's time to take a break from the hobby full time and start concentrating on my personal life. This in no way means I'm giving up the hobby or stopping this blog, no chance in the Eye of Terror! But I have more important things I need to go off and do for the next week or two. I apologise in advance that the next blog post might be a bit of a longer wait, but I'll make sure I have something good in the making for it! In the meantime, to the left you can see how my force is building up so far. Quite a nice little collection if I do say so myself!

That's not to say I've been twiddling my thumbs all week. Before I go on my short hiatus, here is a picture of some more scarabs I finished up earlier today and the Spyder I've been working on.


I must say, I'm really glad I went with the scenic base route for my Scarabs and not the "lots of Scarabs" method most people go with, they add a lot of character to my force. I also used slates and the new texture paint "Mourn Mountain Snow" for these bases which I didn't do to the first base I did, and overall I'm glad I used them. The slate is incredibly easy to use and paint (Codex Grey basecoat, Nuln Oil wash, Space Wolves Grey drybrush, done!) and look amazing. The texture paint also helped blend my base details with the rest of the scenery (I did a wash of Asurmen Blue and a drybrush of Praxeti White, the dry compound, and I'm happy with the results).

So, I will see you all soon. Until then, be good.

If you can't be good, be lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment