They're fun to put together, hell to paint.
Well, that's just my experience. Fact of the matter is my painting technique for Necron metal is a little more involving on these critters. For example, each individual segment on the tails.
But otherwise I should have a few cool things to update about, which I shall explain in bullet point format for ease and convenience.
- I finally got my copy of Space Hulk back, and am eyeing the models up to paint.
- I bought some Bretonnians and some replacement heads from Mirliton (my first attempt to use alternative parts on models) which I am waiting to arrive. I will let you all know the results.
- I finished my attempt at icy ponds in the 40k craters. Not great but it's reasonable. Will post pictures and a quick tutorial when I can.
- I got some money I intend on buying a particular Forgeworld model with...
- A hobby group I am a part of is running monthly painting competitions to it's members in which the winner chooses the next contest. This month it's Non-Astartes Imperials, so expect an Assassin of some sort.
- Finally, I have a game in the Games Workshop Wood Green 40k league on Sunday against Daemons which I will be writing a battle report on. They seem to be popular!
That is all. Should be another update latest Monday. If not, I will post eventually so watch this space!