Wednesday, 9 January 2013

WIPing Them Out

Been pretty busy as of late, so haven't been able to get as much done painting wise as I would have liked, but I have had some time to get something out there to show. I'm taking a break from my metal skeletons for the moment to give my poor Leaderbelcher paint a break. Seriously, it's actually talking and begging me for a rest... I'm not just saying this from sleep deprivation.

Instead I've been very much into one off projects, and I'm looking to enter my regular GW store's painting contest on the 2nd February, and I chose to do the Dark Vengence Librarian. I chose this particular model for 4 reasons:

  1. Fairly obviously, I needed a model to paint for the contest.
  2. I thought something Dark Angels related would be fitting for the codex release this saturday.
  3. I wanted to paint the Dark Vengence stuff to sell anyways.
  4. I'm testing out a new method of painting blue armour...

Dark Angels Librarian work in progress

I assure you this mini looks much better in person. For some reason I can't take a decent picture...

On top of this, I've been putting some serious thought into painting up my Bretonnians, but to tell the truth, I've had hardly any practice with fantasy miniatures, so I decided to try out some colours for the horse fur/skin.

White and Brown samples

Well that's what I've been up to the last couple of days. Hopefully have more to show in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment