The miniature took a little under half a week to paint due to all the fiddly details spotted all over the model. I decided to attempt the method I used to paint my Dark Angels Librarian, but using reds and oranges and painting on the inside of the brass outlined armour as well. The result was a furiously infernal look which I came to be proud of. The face on the left shoulder was also blended using pinks as well to make it look merged to the armour.
The metal was painted with a straight basecoat of Leadbelcher with a wash of Agrax Earthshade and highlighted with Runefang Steel to give it a dirty, rusted look. The bone, however, was painted with a basecoat of Steel Legion Drab, layer coated with Ushabti Bone and highlighted with Scar White.
And there you have it, one Word Bearers Aspiring Champion! Wish me luck in the forthcoming contest!
2/12 Painting Contests Entered