Saturday, 31 May 2014

The Month at a Glace


Well, hasn't it been an exciting month? First off the blog goes live on instagram (#artofwarhammerblog), I try out my Ultramarines finally and now an entirely new edition! Well, where do I start?

Let's start with something new on this blog. Those who have been checking out my instagram posts will already be familiar with the Assault Marines I've been working on, using various parts from the Vanguard, Sternguard, Tactical and Grey Knight kits (the heads were kindly donated by Will, whose army you can check out in my last post). My aim was to have a dynamic looking squad that looked a bit like gladiators, following my Roman theme. I'm very happy with the results.

Next up, Ultramarines and how I found them. A full report and post mortem will go up soon I promise, it's been lack of time more than anything, but what I can say is that the Combat Doctrines were very fun to play with and really made every turn feel like a battle in it's own right. I have some things to say about Psychic Powers and Flyers, neither of which I had used in 6th edition previously, but with 7th edition out it could prove very different next time.

Lastly, 7th edition. I am already worried about the obscenity that is Tzeentch Daemons and what I've heard makes me not want to play with or against them, period. It also makes me wanna toy with Grey Knight allies a little, maybe some allies and stuff. Other than that there are some amazing options that have been opened up and I will be discussing them over the next few months.

Almost half way through the year, catch you all in June!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry too much about the nay sayers of 7th. Most of the situations with other players won't be abusive setups. And if you go tournaments, they'll limit warp charges and ban invisibility, so it won't be any worse then 5th or 6th.

    Those are some great poses on the models, very dynamic.

    ReplyDelete