Reanimation Protocols Enacted!


We're Back - Reanimation Protocols Enacted!

Yes, really! After nearly 10 years of inactivity the blogsite once known as "The Art of Warhammer" has been reborn as "The Project Side", and boy have things changed since those days! 

So why have I been reawakened from the Great Sleep after all this time you might be asking? Well there's a multitude of reasons - chief among them being that, after reflecting on my personal life, work career etc. I decided that what I really wanted to do was get back into writing, and what better way to do that than to write about the things you love?

My plans for the site have evolved since the simple days of taking poor photos of games and posting rough narratives and battle reports whenever I felt like it. I plan to go harder on the narrative, more diverse in my choice of games and to bring about a familiar, but fresh way to track my hobbying resolutions. Whilst these will be gradual implementations and won't necessarily appear right away these plans include:

  • Hobby Bingo sheets exclusive to The Project Side that will available for anyone to download. I will also be posting my own Hobby Bingo updates so you can track my progress alongside your own.
  • Battle and full narrative updates for an ongoing Warhammer 40k Crusade Campaign I am running at my local gaming club starting April/May.
  • Army spotlights will make a return in some form, so if you would like your army featured let me know! There will also be some special campaign spotlights happening during the running of the aforementioned Crusade that will focus exclusively on the factions partaking in the campaign itself.
  • All the normal hobby goodness you can expect from this blogsite.
This refresher for the site means that almost all previous posts that were badly managed, moot and completely cluttered have all been removed from our archives. The only exception to this is my Beginners Guide to Painting as this proved to be incredibly popular and helpful to a number of new hobbyists at the time and was instrumental in showing the evolution of personal progress.

The Project What-Now?

It's called "The Project Side" and it is the new name for the site. As well as the usual wargaming articles that we normally did we are expanding to include video gaming and writing projects, two more areas of particular interest to me in order to appeal to a wider audience outside of the wargaming community. Whilst my plans have not been fully been fleshed out for these categories I do have some ideas...

To begin with for video gaming I plan on doing game reviews and maybe some streams. I dabbled in the latter when I took part in the Gaming for GOSH charity last year, and whilst I may not have the funds to fully commit to the former right now I do have some plans to play and rate XBox Game Pass Games to give some guidance on what's hot and what's not to my fellow subscribers.

As for writing, this will likely be my all encompassing, cross category section that will absorb into it any narratives I might create for both wargaming and video gaming (such as campaigns and let's plays for example). It is also no secret that I am a semi-professional writer with exactly one publishing credit to my name as well as having done some proof reading and minor scenario descriptions for Hawk Wargames prior to them being bought out (oh yes, I forgot to mention my brief time in the industry, didn't I?). It is my dream to one day be able to earn enough to write full time and I am currently editing my first novel so hopefully there will be more news on that front soon too.

And this is where you come in!

So simple economics state that the more financially secure I am the more time I can dedicate to making quality content - no I'm not asking for donations here, I don't want hand outs, but if you wonderful readers could occasionally click on the ads that might interest you on this page from time to time it would really help the site. I will be looking into more non-invasive ways to monetise the site as we go on but for now it is just the ads that generate any revenue.

But of course this is a two way street and I don't expect anyone to visit this site unless there is quality content for you to enjoy. Therefore I would very much like to hear what you would all like to see on my humble blog site down in the comments and I will endeavor to provide you with said content where I can. I will also provide opportunities for you all to get involved with events, community projects and the like in the future so stay tuned for more details on those as they happen!


- D J Driver

No comments

Powered by Blogger.